CCN Monthly Video Contest ("Promotion")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Promotion is sponsored by College Cooking Network ("Sponsor") and administered by CCN (“Administrator”), and is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their home states at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Void outside the United States and Canada, in Puerto Rico, and where taxed, restricted, or prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of College Cooking Network (Sponsor) and CCN, their respective partners, agencies, related companies, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, and grandparents), and same household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible to win.
2. Promotion Period
The promotion period for the contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. U.S. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on the first (1st) of every month starting October 1, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on the last day of the same month ("Promotion Period"). Each month will be a new Promotion Period until the Contest Period ends. Contest Period will start on October 1, 2012 and will last for a period of four (4) months, ending on January 31, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST.
There will be one (1) prizing session for the Da Contest (“Video Contest”) shortly following each Promotion Period. Each user is eligible to win only once per video during the Promotion and Contest Period. See Rule 6 for the contest schedule.
3. To Enter the Video Contest
A video is automatically submitted into the Da Contest (“Video Contest”) when a unique, original video cleared of all copyright protection, and is not an embedded video from a 3rd party site that is not College Cooking Network (“Website”) is uploaded to College Cooking Network (“Website”) and has met a 1,000 (one thousand) view threshold during the Promotion Period, during the Contest Period, adhering to any and all copyright laws, and after reviewing the Video Contest Criteria described in Rule 5 below. To collect any winnings
4. Video Contest Creative Assignment
The creative assignment for the Video Contest ("Video Creative Assignment") is as follows:
• It will be up to the judges of College Cooking Network to rule on any questionable videos.
• This video must include or be related in someway to cooking, eating or drinking in order to be considered eligible for prizing. You can either use still photography or video to create your Video Submission. All Video Submissions that do not meet this content criteria will be disqualified.
• BE CREATIVE. We’ve all seen the standard cooking show, let’s see something more! Make it something you’ve never seen before. Make it colorful. Make it unexpected. Tell a story. It’s up to you. Just make it awesome.
Any Video Submissions that include illegally used unlicensed music or footage will be disqualified.
• The video can include profanity, nudity, and/or any explicit or inappropriate material. However, any libelous, slanderous, racist, anti-gay or derogatory videos with the intent for malice will be disqualified.
• The video must not contain any copyrighted materials (other than as owned by the Entrant).
• You may use a generic release form to confirm permissions from persons appearing in your Video Submission; however, if you are selected as a monthly winner in the Contest, you will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsor signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Video Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness. This will be included in our email notification to the winner, along with a request for address form to send the prize.
• If you are not interested in participating in the contest, you may either send us an email our Support team with a request to not receive a notification or you may click the “I wish to decline my winnings and my participation in any future College Cooking Network contest” link on any winning email you may receive.
Your Video Submission should be consistent with these Official Rules.
5. Video Contest Winning Criteria
The top ten (10) videos that have met the 1,000 (one thousand) view threshold and with the highest overall unique views for the month (“Promotion Period”) will be considered for judging.
• No one video can win more than once in the overall contest (“Contest”), unless Promoters extend contest to include a winner for the overall contest winners.
• A user can win on any of their other uploaded videos that have not won yet.
6. Video Contest Judging Criteria
• Top ten highest viewed videos will be in the running and judged.
• Originality and Creativity - 30% o The overall originality of the video; use of original ideas, illustrations, and style
• Quality of Production - 30% o Visual Aesthetics – the appearance of the video
- Cinematography – quality of the audio, lighting, use of camera
- Camera operation and video editing
• Content - 30% o How closely the video covers the specified theme(s) and guidelines
• Video Rating – 10%
***The public can vote for their favorites by viewing and ratings their favorite videos. This will help get their favorite videos in the running and help with the overall rating score.
Sponsor will judge the entries, and all contest decisions are final. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Rules may be disqualified and/or removed from the contest.
Video Submission& Voting Period
Video Winner Announcement
Begins October first (1st) at 12:00:01 a.m. EST and ends on the last day of October 2012 11:59:59 p.m. EST. Every subsequent Period will start on the first of every month at 12:00:01 a.m. and end on the last of the month 11:59:59 p.m. until the end of the contest (“Contest Period”)
The Judging period for any Promotion Period will begin on the first of the following Period month. The first judging will begin on November first (1st) 2012 for the judging of October’s Promotion Period winners.
Winners will be announced and notified by the end of the second week of the following Promotion Period.
7. Winnings and Prizes
• Winners will be notified by an email sent to the email used for the winners account. The email will contain a release form for any actors used in the video and an address form that will be used for shipping purposes to send your winnings.
• Prize will be issued in the form of a certified check in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500).